Join Our Team | Community Response and our sister charity The Hepatitis C Partnership are currently recruiting.
Were delighted to be recruiting two new positions across our services.Closing Date is Friday the 15th January at 5.00 pm.. See below for details.
Position 1- Project Worker - Special Responsibility for Hepatitis C Services
Community Response are seeking a suitably qualified individual to work as a Project Worker with special responsibility for liver health and the work of the Hepatitis C Partnership. This allows scope to work within the CR Team, but also to provide specific health information, advocacy, and outreach support for those living with or affected by Hepatitis C and general liver health issues.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working full time in the fields of addiction/healthcare/social care
- Track record of providing one to one support for service users
- Third level qualification in addiction, social care, healthcare, community development or similar
- Sufficient administration capacity to discharge the functions of the role, i.e., proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, strong report-writing ability, etc.
- To work as part of the Community Response team
- To provide Hepatitis C/ Liver Health & Alcohol workshops to service users and providers. To provide one to one support, care planning and information related to Blood Borne Viruses, Alcohol Related Harm & Liver Health Promotion for service users and the wider community
- To work with a network of interested individuals, groups, communities, health, and other professionals who wish to collaborate in the implementation of Hepatitis C/Liver Health campaign and the National Hepatitis C Treatment Program strategic plan 2020-26 (in draft). This is to include any initiatives specifically aimed at the elimination of Hepatitis C in Ireland by 2030
- To support/develop the delivery of Peer Training initiatives
- To undertake local/action research as required
This position is 35 hrs per week. It is a permanent contract, subject to funding, with a six -month probationary period and garda vetting.
Position 2- Outreach Worker
An assertive outreach model has been identified to engage people and determine why people are using ‘hot spots’ predominantly in the Liberties and South Inner-City areas. The intention is to establish their needs and where possible, encourage people to avail of the appropriate services and supports. The action research will help to inform how all the services in the SIC can provide a unified response to some of the most vulnerable people in the community and seek a response to their needs that will be of benefit to them and the community. We are seeking a suitably experienced male to work in an interagency model to provide sign posting, referral and harm reduction with identified “street drinkers”.
Minimum 3rd level qualification in Social Care, Addiction, or relevant disciplineMinimum of two years’ experience working in the drug or alcohol fieldExperience of working in an interagency capacityDemonstrable understanding of the principles of inclusivity and human rights
OR An understanding of a rights-based approach to working with marginalised groupsExcellent oral and written communication skillsA genuine interest in other people
To engage with people using hot spots that have been identified by the community where people are using drugs, alcohol, and the discarding drug-related litter.To establish the number of people using these sites.To establish if people are using other services or if they wish to have support, information, or referral to appropriate services.To work with the project management group to agree on relevant KPIs that will help to inform the work of the South Inner City Local Drug & Alcohol Task Force and services in the area.To reinforce inter-agency work for that will benefit the service users and the community.
This position is 35 hrs per week. It is fixed term a six -month contract with a three-month probationary period, and subject to garda vetting.
To apply please email a current CV and covering letter detailing relevant experience. Please indicate which position you are applying for in the Subject Line. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal enquiries can be made to Nicola Perry at email@example.com
Applications can also be posted to:
14 Carmans Court