The group is for individuals who may be concerned about either the frequency or amount they are drinking and are looking to develop skills to manage their drinking safely.
Note: This group has recommenced on site with reduced capacity at the times and dates below. If a place cannot be issued upon inital referral automatic inclusion on a waiting list will be sought.
Group Day & Time: Tuesday 10.30am – 12pm or Wednesday 10.30am-12pm
Venue: Community Response, Carman's Hall, Dublin 8
The overall aim of the programme is to engage attendees in exploring How they use alcohol, and How alcohol affects their lives. This programme will provide education so that attendees can endeavour to make informed choices about their alcohol use. Through a structured programme the attendees can reflect and examine issues such as:
• What is alcohol doing for me?
• How alcohol affects you physically, mentally and emotionally
• How addiction works, cravings, what is happening during withdrawals and how is tolerance developed?
• How can we make changes when living with alcohol problems?
• Alcohol Hepatitis, NAFLD and Liver Health
These sessions take place on a Tuesday or Wednesday morning over 10 weeks from 10.30am –12.00pm. Email Audrey or Robbie on 01 454 9772 for further information. This programme can be amended and run on an individual basis if necessary.
Want to find out more about this group: GET IN TOUCH